Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Upcycled Skirt

Hello everyone! I've been seeing pictures of upcycled skirts all over Pinterest lately, and I've been wanting to give it a try. Unfortunately, I'm not much of an apparel sewer. I usually just stick to quilts, hot pad holders, table runners, you know, things I don't have to wear in public! If I screw up on a quilt no one will really notice it but me. However, if my butt is hanging out of a skirt, several people are going to notice that!

So, today I faced my fears and got to it! I went to Goodwill to find a cheap men's shirt. I actually found two that I liked, but I started with this one($6!!!):


I cut just below the arm seams and then cut the bottom to be straight across. Gotta love that rotary cutter!

Then, I turned it into this:


!!! It actually worked! There were a few hiccups along the way as to be expected. (Sorry for the bathroom pics, but I don't have a full length mirror!) I'm so pleased with how it came out. I didn't take pictures of the process because I wasn't sure I would even like it, or that it would fit. I did add a tie in the back, so here are some more pictures:





I think it is quite cute. And, now I just need to get some brown tights to go with it and I'll be ready for fall! Thanks for indulging me in my new craft!! :) Happy crafting!

3 comments:

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...