Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bits and Pieces: Beach Quilt

Hello everyone! I've been sewing a bit each morning, so my beach quilt is coming along. I think I'm going to call it "Bits and Pieces" since it's literally made out of bits and pieces of my Over the Rainbow quilt. Here's how it looks right now:


I'm really liking it, even though the points aren't matching up. It's too hard to get them all to be good with the horrible sewing I did on the 9-patch units 13-14 years ago. I'm just going to blame the 8th grade version of me for any mistakes or wonkiness on this quilt - I don't think she'll mind. :)

It still needs to be larger. If I want to use it at the beach I'll want to lay down on it, or at least sit comfortably. So, I'm going to be adding another border, but I'm not really sure what fabric to use. I have some left over bits from the colored pieces in the middle, but I'm not sure I have enough to make it all the way around and add the inches that I want to. Maybe I'll have to add 2 more (or more???) borders on this to get it to the size that I want. Time will tell I guess...

Anyway - to finish off the post, here is some cat mischief that happened in the making of this part of the quilt. Enjoy!


Oh, hi Leia! Thanks for helping me keep those pieces down and in order. You're such a good helper!


Wait a minute mom, these pieces need to be rearranged. The seams aren't going to match up! Let me help you...


Just a few more to move and then it will be perfect!


Whew, rearranging these rows is hard work. I'm too tired to do the rest. You'll put it back in order, right mom?

Thanks for all the help, Leia! :-p

2 comments:

  1. You could add a border that is part leftover pieces and part black...like if two corners had colour and the rest was black or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute quilt Karen - love all the fun colors and the patterns of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...