Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dots on Dots Quilt Top

I've been busy the last few days. I finally finished sewing together all of the blocks from the Dots on Dots hop. I also got them sewn up into a flimsy.


Sorry for the bad indoor lighting. I finished sewing this together around 11:00pm, so there wasn't really time to get a picture outside.


I'm still debating whether I'll put a border on it yet. Right now I'm sewing together some of the scraps from the fabrics in the quilt to include on the back. But, the squares of fabric I had left over are long enough to make a border all the way around. So, we'll see what I decide. I hope to be quilting and binding this weekend, but we'll see how distracted I get.


Here's a picture with my cat Sasha enjoying the quilt - for scale references. It is about 48" x 60". I still have to figure out what kind of quilt design I'm going to do on this thing... Thoughts??  Happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Pretty top! I highly recommend Angela Walters new book to help you make the quilting decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely top. do you free motion/long arm quilt?
    look At my latest blog post for a fun allover design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Its lovely and the cat adds something to it. its been fun Hopping with you Simple Sew funnymesjc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how these blocks work together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty quilt indeed. Cat approved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. Look forward to seeing what you decide to do re borders/not and quilting

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...