Sunday, August 12, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I know my birthday was a month ago, but I figured I could post on August 13th about it and it would be close enough. I'm 26 years and 1 month old today! :)

Really, I'm not huge into celebrating birthdays. I never know what to tell people to get me (seriously, a gift card to JoAnn's is just as thoughtful as a huge, involved gift!) and I'm not that interested in being the center of attention. But, I had to post about my birthday this year. I was so spoiled!

On my actual birthday, July 13th, my husband took me out to one of our favorite restaurants - Captain Bills in Middleton, Wisconsin - for some crab legs. They were delicious and messy which is all the fun in getting them! I've also been dying to go to the Melting Pot for chocolate fondue for years now, but somehow other restaurants always win out whenever we want to eat out. But... not this time! He took me there for dessert and it was amazing! (And not that expensive at about $15 total!) We shared a plate of dippers and ordered a turtle fondue. It was melted milk chocolate with added caramel and candied nuts. So delicious!

The next day I celebrated with some of my family. My dad and brother grilled out and my sister and her boyfriend came by as well. She made me this great wreath! My sister and her boyfriend have started going to estate sales and estate auctions, etc to pick up things to resell or fix up and resell. So, I guess all of these little pears were in the bottom of a box that she got, so she took out her glue gun and made me this wreath. So awesome! It's been on my door ever since.

Later that night (Saturday), my husband took me to a bed and breakfast in Lodi, Wisconsin. It was called Victorian Dreams and was fantastic! Our room even had a Jacuzzi tub!

My husband had requested that we have some wine and cheese in our room when we arrived - very tasty. They also had a little birthday cake and card for me. :)
But, the real surprise was when there was a knock on the door about an hour later. Apparently my husband had scheduled massages for both of us! I was so spoiled and the masseuse was very nice. I was so relaxed by the end of the nigh! We really enjoyed our stay, and I bet we'll be back someday.
If that all wasn't enough, I got another surprise when I went down for breakfast in the morning. The inn keepers serve their guests instead of having things family style or buffet style. So, when they brought out Eggs Benedict for breakfast I just about died. That is my favorite breakfast meal of all time! That part of the weekend wasn't planned, but it was just perfect! 

So, thank you honey for a wonderful birthday weekend. I love you so much and can't wait to celebrate many, many more with you. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Karen! Mine is today and the weekend has been crazy! It'll take me a month to post about it too ;O) I love it with the Hubs surprises me with things like that - just makes it all the more special that you have someone like that in your life! Congrats and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday weekend. I'm not surprised you wanted to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! Happy Birthday! Looks like you've got a keeper in that husband of yours! He really put a lot of thought into making it a special day for you :*) I've also always wanted to try out the Melting Pot but never got there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's such a great birthday weekend! Alex did really good but he always does! :-)

    PS - I LOVE the Melting Pot too but haven't been there in years either. I recently got a Groupon for it though so I will get to go soon, maybe for my birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...