Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! :)

My husband and I went out today to get a Father's Day gift basket put together for our dads. He told me that his father (my father-in-law) used to put together a little gift basket for his father all the time, so that's what my husband wanted to do this year. I thought it was a great idea!

We started the process looking for garage sales. I wanted to buy some cheap baskets and figured they would have something we could use. Well, we ended up stumbling up on an estate sale instead! Neither of us has ever been to one of those, but it was amazing all of the things that were inside the house we went to. Original works of art, personal recipes, handmade pottery items, and yes, baskets! So, we bought 2 and I bought a couple heart-shaped ceramic charms. 

From there we made our way to World Market - where we found a plethora of little goodies for our dads and some packing straw for the bottom of the baskets.

My father is very much a chocoholic (and I've definitely inherited that trait as well!!). So, I got him some chocolate Euro coins, some spiral chocolate cookies and 2 packages of RitterSport chocolate (my favorite!). I finished off the basket with a bottle of beer, a bottle of blood orange Italian soda, a tin of mints and some little bottles of honey, raspberry-chipotle dipping sauce and maple syrup. We also got a bottle opener in the shape of an old fashioned key to include. I'd be happy to get that basket any day! (See basket on the right side of the picture.)

For my father-in-law, we got him some different things. He's not very into dessert, so we got him a couple different things. His basket includes a light pilsner beer, a small bottle of Merlot, some salmon pate and crackers, roasted almonds, a bar of Italian soap (smells soooo good, but not too girly of course), a bottle opener just like the other one, a little bottle of maple syrup, a mini package of Italian roast coffee, some chocolate Euro coins and some ceramic coasters with an old world style map printed on them. I'd also be happy to get this package! :) (See the basket on the left side of the picture.)

So, I hope our dads like the little baskets we made for them. Thanks for the great idea honey! Have a happy Father's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...